1. All engines are warranted against cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive smoking, and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated.
2. The used engine you have purchased must have new oil and filter installed upon installation.
3. You must provide for a new tune-up upon installation of motor. (points, plugs, plus wires, etc.)
4. This warranty does not cover attached items or accessories. (water pump, fuel pump, carburetor, distributor, computers, etc.)
5. Transmissions are warranted to be in good working order against slippage or shifting failures.
6. Engines and transmissions must have new seals and new oil installed upon installation into vehicle. (Warranty does not cover rear main engine seals.)
7. Vehicles which have City Auto Wreckers, Inc., engines and transmissions installed must have proper capacity cooling systems and be in good condition.
8. Proper oil levels and cooling levels must be maintained at all times for warranty to be valid.
9. Warranty is void if heat tabs are melted, removed or gone from engine or cylinder head lor any reason.
10. Defective engine or transmission must remain installed in vehicle until an authorized City Auto Wreckers, Inc., representative confirms defect. Customer is responsible to bring vehicle back to City Auto Wreckers, Inc., for any inspection.
11. All warranty work must be done by City Auto Wreckers, Inc., certified shop, or permission to do work must be given by an authorized agent of City Auto Wreckers, Inc. Defective engine or transmission must remain installed in vehicle until an authorized City Auto Wreckers, Inc., representative confirms defect. Customer is responsible to bring vehicle back to City Auto Wreckers, Inc., for any inspection.
12. All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized agent or manager of City Auto Wreckers, Inc., within a period of 60 days from the date of purchase for this warranty to be valid.
13. City Auto Wreckers, Inc., at its option, may replace the parts, repair the parts or refund the original purchase price. Adjustments to be made are on-parts-only – NO LABOR.
14. All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
15. Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the expressed warranties herein, there shall be no warranties expressed or implied including merchantability and fitness for use on the product sold.
16. This warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage if parts ie used in connection with racing purposes or vehicles with racing equipment or damage by accident or misuse.
17. Improper installation will void warranty.
18. WARRANTY IS VOID WITHOUT A RECEIPT.
19. No refunds, guarantees, or exchanges on any electrical parts or carburetors.
20. 25% handling charge on all returned merchandise. No exchanges after 60 days.
21. City Auto Wreckers, Inc., does not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, telephone,loss due to downtime, cost o!lodging, cost of vehicle use, inconvenience, car or truck rental.
22. Any merchandise or invoice marked “AS IS” will void this Certificate of Limited Warranty. This means NO WARRANTY NO REFUND.
23. Warranty is void if core is not returned.
24. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. A 5% late fee may be added if the account is not paid within 30 days. Should this account be sent to a collection agency or attorney for collection, customer agrees to pay all collection fees, attorney fees.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PROGRAM
10% 6 Month (from purchase date)
20% 12 Month (from purchase date)
30% 5 Year (with labor as noted)
Engine – $400
AWD Transmission – $250
FWD Transmission – $200
RWD Transmission – $150
Front and Rear Diff – $100
ALL OTHER PARTS CANNOT EXCEED 50% OF TOTAL INVOICE VALUE FOR LABOR
Replacement part will be interchangeable but year, model and miles may vary.
1. Core must be turned back in and signed for within 30 days of purchase or any warranty at all will be void.
Please allow 3 business days from phone call for pick-up.
2. If the heat tab is melted, the warranty or any engine is void.
3. Any warranty may require proof of proper vehicle maintenance.
4. Warranties are not transferable.
5. Warranty times start at purchase date and do not renew upon exchange.
6. Labor will only be paid one time.